Drano® Kitchen Crystals Clog Remover
Made to Clear a Clogged Kitchen Sink
If your kitchen sink is clogged, there’s a good chance that grease is the problem. Drano® Kitchen Crystals might be the solution. Its granular formula uses heat and churning action to melt most grease clogs in minutes, but it's also great on hair, soap scum, and other debris that causes clogged drains. And because you only need a small amount to get the job done right, a single container of Drano® Kitchen Crystals Clog Remover lasts a long time.
NOTE: If your kitchen sink has a garbage disposal, do not use Kitchen Crystals Clog Remover.
- Best for kitchen grease clogs
- Safe for all pipes, septic tanks, and cesspools
- Contains no phosphorus
How to Unclog a Kitchen Sink Drain
- Drano® Kitchen Crystals Clog Remover interacts with cold water.
- The heat and churning action from the mixture works to melt and break down greasy clogs.
- A final blast of cold water flushes away what's left of the clog.
- Remove any standing water. Make sure water in drain is cool. If possible, remove drain strainer.
- Pour one heaping tablespoon (30 grams) of Drano® drain openers into drainpipe. Securely close lid on can. In case of spills, sweep into dust pan, empty down nearest drain and pour cold water down the drain.
- Immediately add one cup of cold water to drain (if water boils out of drain, add another cup of cold water). Rinse spoon immediately after use.
- After 15 minutes, pour cold water down the drain. If drain is still clogged, repeat application. Do not repeat after second application. Consult a plumber. For Floor Drains: Follow the same procedure but use 3 heaping tablespoons (90 grams) of Drano® drain openers and add 3 cups of cold water.
- Use one tablespoon weekly as directed to keep drains running freely.
Never cover drain. Keep hands and face away from drain and children away from sink area. Keep Drano® drain openers and solutions of Drano® away from eyes, skin and clothing. Keep water out of can at all times to prevent contents from violently erupting or boiling out. Never use or mix with other drain cleaners or chemicals before, during or after using Drano® drain openers since Drano® may still be present if drain did not completely clear and Drano® may react with such products. Never use with plunger or pressurized drain opener (splashback of lye can occur). Even after use, Drano® drain openers may still be present if drain did not completely clear. Do not use in garbage disposers, dishwashers, toilet bowls or in pipes directly connected with such devices. Keep off all surfaces, fixtures and utensils made all or in part of aluminum, wood, paint, acrylic or fiberglass.