Drano® Max Build-Up Remover
Treat Drains Before They Become Clogged
With a unique formula containing natural enzymes and bacteria, Drano® Max Build-Up Remover helps prevent clogs from blocking your pipes. Use it on a monthly basis to help prevent plumbing problems and keep your drains running smoothly.
The more build-up you remove now, the less likely it is that you’ll need a drain cleaner to unclog your drain later. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!
- Won't harm pipes, garbage disposals or septic tanks
- Contains no phosphorus
How to Help Prevent a Clogged Drain
- Warm water works to soften the build-up.
- The natural enzymes in Drano® Max Build-Up Remover then work to dissolve the gunk while you’re asleep or at work.
- Use on a monthly basis for best results.
- For slow-running drains, run warm water (not hot) through drain for one minute.
- Turn off water and pour one-fourth of a 64 oz. bottle directly into drain.
- Briefly run water again (approximately two cups) to activate and distribute formula along pipe walls. Allow enzymes to work overnight or while at work (six to eight hours) before running water in drain again.
- Repeat using two ounces every two to four weeks. For more severe problems, follow directions above for three nights in a row, using two ounces of Drano® Max Build-Up Remover.
- For slow-running toilets, flush four ounces down toilet for three consecutive days. Avoid flushing for six to eight hours after each treatment.
Initial use may cause loosened build-up to temporarily slow or in rare cases block the flow of water. Do not worry – this means that the product is working to remove build-up. If this occurs, plunge and repeat the treatment. Avoid using other drain openers during this time.
Read product label for additional information and precautions.